Point Me

Friday, August 14, 2009

Life Update

You may or may not have heard yet, but Paul and I closed on our new house in South Hadley a few days ago. It's been an exciting/busy couple of days getting to see our place and figure out what needs doing before moving time.

The place does need a little work. It still has the smell of the previous owners in it, pretty strongly. They were smokers and had 3 dogs, so it's not exactly a sweet bed of roses. But I think tearing up the old icky carpets and repainting will make a huge difference.

We started painting yesterday, and it's been really fun! We choose a really warm dark brown for the office/ study room. The color is called "Root Beer."

It's been fun making decorating decisions and making multiple daily trips to Home Depot. I continue to be totally amazed by the paint mixing machines and their mysterious powers.

In other news, Paul and I are going to be leaving for a week-long trip to Maine tomorrow eve. We're going to Cobb's Camp at Peirce Pond, which is an annual destination of my family. It's a hunting fishing resort for wilderness-type peoples, located right off the northern tip of the Appalachian Trail and the Kennebeck River. I plan to take a bunch of pics, and post a photolog of sorts when we get back. Until then, I hope you don't miss reading my blog too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment