Point Me

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Golden Snitch

Meredith and Matt were awesome enough to let us stay at their apartment after the ACBF. It was a lot of fun! We got to to meet Penny the Pug, who is a total sweetheart. I also got the chance to be reunited with my senior year housemate, Hammurabi of Babylon. He looked really good, and seemed to remember Paul and I. It was nice to see his sweet kitty face again.

For taking us out to awesome chinese, letting us crash on their floor, and giving us a chance to play with their menagerie, I thought I should come bearing a gift.

I made a golden snitch from this pattern via the knitted toy box for Meredith. It was a fun project! I enjoyed making the wings particularly. I hope that the resident Harry Potter fan likes it, and uses it as I did; indulging fantasies off being a world class seeker!

"I caught the snitch! The game is over! Yaaay!"

Though I don't think I'd ever take the fantasy of playing a magical wizard game out in public and join a real team, like these private school kids did.



1. Running around with broomsticks between your legs looks uncomfortable and awkward.
2. Is it just me, or does making "the snitch" a big guy draped in metallic gold make it a little too easy to find? These games must be so short!


1 comment: