Point Me

Monday, March 22, 2010

Victory Bread

I made some beer bread this afternoon. I'm really pleased with how it came out, and the recipe is so so easy! You could really whip this together on the fly, and totally come out looking fancy.

I got the recipe from here. It only takes 3 ingredients, all of which you may already have in your house: Flour, sugar and beer.

Preheat the oven to 350, and grease a 5x9 loaf pan.

Mix 3 cups of flour with 3 Tbsp sugar. Then add 1 bottle of beer and mix well, first with a wooden spoon, then with your hands, until the dough is firm and sticky.

Bake for 50-60 minutes.

I used one of my favorite beers to make this bread: Victory Storm King Stout

This yummy dark beer makes an earthy, sweet bread. I think the heaviness of the stout also made the bread a little richer. We had it still warm from the oven w/ dinner. It was very yummy buttered. I actually also think it would be good with PB&J or a mild swiss cheese.

This recipe is a great way to magically turn your favorite beer into a food!

No comments:

Post a Comment