Point Me

Monday, May 11, 2009

What I did Friday Night

So first and foremost, I saw Star Trek on Saturday with Husband, Addison, Mike, Pete and Cait. I LOVED it, but I guess that's really no big shock. I was kind of planning on loving it from the get go. It was really entertaining and well done. Also, the casting was really spot on and "women friendly". Easy on the eyes, as it were.

There was only one thing that bothered me about the movie. There were so many shots where they was this bright glare on the screen, like they were shooting light directly into the audience's eyes. It was a good sort of mood setting effect at first, but they used it often enough that it became distracting to me. Not so easy on the eyes, as it were. You can kind of see examples of what I mean in the trailer at 1:13 and 1:25



Other than that, I really had no complaints. It was fantastic to see Leonard Nimoy doing his thang, too.

After the film, we had a Soul Caliber II tourney at our house. We bought it used at game stop for like $5 the day before. It was fun to share. Turns out Sayid Jarrah is a character in the game!

1 comment: