Point Me

Monday, May 4, 2009

Blue Yarn Shoes


I am victorious! I finished the booties that were giving me so much grief. The gift for Amy and Peem's baby is now complete. Our good friend Mr. Bear models the whole set below.



After working on that scarf with the button holes, this pattern was actually a breeze. That side project taught me about working in smaller row within the larger series of stitches. With that under my belt, I was able to make each of these little socks in about 2.5 hours each.

I'm quite pleased with how they came out, other than the seams. I still haven't quite figured out how to make them look all invisible and professional-like. I think I might have done it inside out, because the inside parts look a lot neater.


I still have a ton of this yarn left over, as you can see. I'm trying to decide what to do with it, and have been scoping out the interwebs for a fun pattern. I'd actually really like to try to do this guy, but I'm worried that it might be a little out my league right now, skill wise.

Other Projects I'm hoping to take on soon:
1. A hat for husband
2. A Present for my friend James, who is moving soon to Boston. Perhaps a scarf?
3. Something for my brother, who is turning 17 in July. (wow!)
4. Husband has also said he would like a stuffed cthulhu. There are lots of patterns for this out there, like this one, this one , and this one (my personal favorite), but they're all crocheted, not knit. I did find one knitting pattern for it, but I don't really like it as much as the others. Maybe it's just the yarn color the person chose, I dunno. I may have to learn a new yarn slinging technique to satisfy this wish.

1 comment:

  1. Knit a men's g-string and secretly leave it in the home of a stodgy, conservative individual. Sit back and watch the mystery unfold.

    ReplyDelete