Point Me

Friday, June 17, 2011

Itinerary? Opine!

So, for those of you that don't know, Paul and I are planning a vacation to the European Continent this September. It will be the first time that Paul has been across the Atlantic, and my first time visiting Deutschland. I've been working on brushing up my college German, and have been pleasantly suprised by how much I still remember.

Anyway, we're starting to hammer out an itinerary for the voyage. I would really love to hear any opinions from y;all. I know that I've got quite a few friends who are world-travelers. Here's what we're thinking right now:

1.       Arrive in Munich Afternoon
2.       Munich
3.       Munich, (Castle/Monastery Side trip?)
4.       Munich,
5.       Morning Train to Baden Baden (4 hrs)
6.       Baden-Baden
7.       Morning Train to Brussels  (5-10hrs)
8.       Brussels (Cantillion Brewery)
9.       Brussels
10.   Train to Amsterdam (2 hrs)
11.   Amsterdam
12.   Amsterdam
13.   Depart

I'd love some 2 cents! I've been thinking about cutting down our time in Brussels to 1 day, because the general consensus seems to be that (as Jenny said) "Belgium is even more boring than Austria."Maybe add another day to Baden Baden, so we can spend more time hiking in the Schwarz Wald, Or another day in Munich, so we'll have more time for day trips.

 I AM SO EXCITED

1 comment:

  1. I suggest the reliquary at The Residenz (sp?) museum in Munich. It was awesome and weird and you get to "see John the Baptist's head."

    I also suggest taking the commuter rail out to some town (I don't remember but you can look it up) and then taking a bus/walking to Andech's Kloster. It was awesome! We ended up walking the whole way, which was far, but nice. Well, not the whole way from Munich. You can get the beer in the city somewhere if you don't want to go all the way out there. I'll get specifics from Tim. I think the trip is worth it, though.

    ReplyDelete