Point Me

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Girly Guru

So, I recently discovered the cutest beauty expert in town; Madison, a 5 year old make up guru. My initial response was something along the lines of "WTF - Sexualization of girls sux!!! sdoifh."

But after watching a few of the clips, I feel like this is a really big stone's throw away from the creepiness of "Toddlers and Tiaras".  (ugh).




Madison is a cute kid, who actually really knows her stuff. She comes across like any other kindergartener with a deep interest in something (see: me age 5 and dinosaurs), where she's absorbed herself in becoming knowledgeable about it. She doesn't seem like a misguided Lolita, she's a super amazing make-up artist in training. It's also awesome that her mom clearly sets some boundaries about what is age appropriate to wear. I love her!

For my 4 dear friends who are getting married next year, Madison has advice for you:



You'll all look so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment