Point Me

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Skulls and Bunnies

Last night Paul and I finally watched the documentary "Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010)"; a street art documentary about a guy making a street art documentary. I highly recommend it, it will provoke your thoughts about "vandalism", art, capitalism and desperate trendiness. It gave me a new appreciation for the artistic skills good graffiti actually requires. It also taught me (finally) what the deal is with those Andre the Giant "Obey" stickers you see everywhere.
 
The movie also got me thinking about some of my favorite contemporary artists. You know who's awesome? Jeremy Fish. He's a skateboard designer who combines morbid shit with pure cuteness. While a lot of his work is commissioned for products-






-He's done his fair share of street art too.







He's a good example of the line between consumerism and integrity that pop artists face in these modern times.

No comments:

Post a Comment