Point Me

Friday, March 18, 2011

How I spent my St. Patricks Day

I drank these beers:


Paul and I closed our eyes and compared them. Once again, in a blind taste test, Wachusett kicks Hapoon's butt.

We played a traditional Irish game, Fichneal, which Paul kicked my butt in twice incredibly quickly. I decided that I hated the game.

We ate corned beef and cabbage from a crock pot!

And we watched an amazing movie: The Secret of Kells (2009). It's a very cool animated film, with  beautiful stylized art.



It's the story of a boy named Brendan who lives in a medieval Irish fortress, as Vikings plague and pillage the land. He befriends a skilled Illuminator and develops a passion to protect a sacred book and learn the skills of his craft. This movie is really cool because it's partially about how old books are awesome! It's also got a really good overlay of mythology and history. It was certainly the most satisfying movie I've watched in awhile.

Though I kept getting reminded of home movies whenever somebody called out to Brendan. I associate that name mostly with that other little red haired kid, thank you very much!




No comments:

Post a Comment