Point Me

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Gravitas

Nothing like politics to make for a scary Halloween, right?

I was just reading this great article about domestic terrorists that were inspired by the Faux News crew. Number 3 caught my eye in particular:

"Jim David Adkisson: Killed two people and wounded six others in a shooting attack at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in West Knoxville, Tenn., in 2008. Adkisson was inspired by Fox commentator Bernard Goldberg: “This was a symbolic killing,” Adkisson wrote. “Who I wanted to kill was every Democrat in the Senate and House, the 100 people in Bernard Goldberg’s book. I’d like to kill everyone in the mainstream media. But I knew these people were inaccessible to me.” Goldberg is the author of 110 People Who Are Screwing Up America (and Al Franken Is #37) "

This just makes me sad. Al Franken is a great American and a conscientious leader.



He may have started on TV, but he's earned his place as a powerful citizen. And doggone it, people like him.



He's sort of like Sarah Palin in reverse. She started as a somewhat respected leader and devolved into a silly caricature.

No comments:

Post a Comment