Point Me

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The "children writhing on a pike" platform

Today is election day, and I hope that you're all taking the time to be an active citizen and vote. This is the first time in a very long while that I'll actually be going to my polling place, instead of phoning it in via absentee ballot. Probably, actually, since the first time I ever voted, at the Hubbardston Center School. I'm kind of excited to go in the little cubicle, it gives the whole process a more theatrical air.

And boy is this a benchmark year for political theatrics. So much chest beating and whatnot. There's a lot of talk about how the rhetorical climate has reached a new low. But this nifty video I found via stumble helps remind us all how name calling has been a staple of our public discourse since hardtack was a staple of our diet.



And man, they had much better insults back then. Cut through the passive aggressive bullshit and say how you really feel, John Adams. Go for the throat!

No comments:

Post a Comment