Point Me

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Caturday XI

Its hard to believe that in just a few weeks, I'll be done with my Higgins internship. It's been really cool to see the behind the scenes aspects of a museum I had enjoyed as a patron. I have decided that being on the curatorial end of things seems a lot more satisfying and interesting than being on the educational side, doing the same tours and demonstrations over and over. I've really enjoyed seeing how exhibits are designed and how objects are preserved and analyzed.

This week, the museum has picking a staging company to redo the Quest gallery. It was pretty cool looking at the proposals. One company brought these really sweet samples of artificial materials they had created for theater companies. They made blocks of wood look just like flagstone and sand. I'm looking forward to going back in a year to see the changes. The quest gallery is the most popular place in the museum with the 10 and under crowd, and right now there isn't even really that much in it. The redo is going to make it awesome in there.

I'm looking forward to the commuting being over though. After not having to go for two weeks over the holidays, the drive suddenly seemed tortuous.

In honor of the armory, here's some armor for cats. Hooray!





No comments:

Post a Comment