Point Me

Monday, July 20, 2009

My name is Jack and Fred

In addition to Disney tapes, the only other thing I was really allowed to watch as a kiddo was Sesame Street. I have a lot of fond memories of their classic segments and their full - length films. I was super sad to hear that they're now putting a parental warning label on the DVD's of the episodes from the 70's and 80's, claiming "they may not fit the needs of today's preschooler". All I can do is shake my head, cuz' it was good enough for me, and everybody else who grew up in that era. I don't think they're giving today's little kids enough credit.



This was one of my fave songs from the show. I can still remember a lot of the words. It has a really nice, positive message about respecting and caring about other people regardless of differences, as well as a pretty catchy tune.

This vid is also great for scoping out sweet late 70's children's fashion. Particularly, the mini "members only" jacket at 0:35 and any kid who is wearing glasses.

I wonder where all these cute little lip synchers are now? And how do they feel about being worthy of parental advisory?

1 comment: