Point Me

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Becoming the Leif Ericson of music

We're lucky to live near a college with an awesome radio station. I recently rediscovered WMUA on a long drive.

I wasn't surprised at all to find that I didn't know any of the music the station was playing. I haven't really bothered with keeping up with the music scene lately (AKA the last 7 years), and certainly haven't gone out of my way much to unearth new bands to like. In fact, I've always found "what kind of music do you listen to?" to be an awkward question, because it's something I don't focus on much.

To my surprise though, I really enjoyed listening to a sampling of bands out of the ether, and hearing things I'd never heard before. It was a pleasure that I hadn't really embraced since high school. It definitely made me more interested in hearing some more new sounds.

My favorite new discovery is "I don't mind" by Slumber Party. When I first heard the song, I thought they were saying "I just want to get drunk." I was a little disappointed to find out that that was not the case.....

No comments:

Post a Comment